What We Believe
What We Believe
What is the Gospel:
God: God is the only sovereign, wise and good Creator of all things, who reigns as King over all creation for His own glory.
Man: Human begins were made in God’s image to love and worship Him forever. But ever since Adam first rebelled against God, we have all be lost in sin, under God’s judgement, and unable to save ourselves.
Jesus: Out of underserved love and grace, God sent His only Son to save us from sin and reconcile us to Himself through Jesus’ life, death and resurrection.
Response: God offers us His gift of salvation by grave, which we receive through faith in Jesus. He makes us new, calls us to leave sin behind, and invites us to join His work in the world.
Statement of Faith:
1. These things don’t change at Jamestown Christian Church.
2. This is what we believe, and it’s who we are at the core as a church.
We believe in God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
- We believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the eternal Word, the one and only Savior. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, both fully human and fully divine; Who lived a sinless life; Who suffered and was crucified as an atonement for sin; Who rose again bodily from the dead on the third day; Who ascended into Heaven; and Who will return in victory to rule forever.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit. Who convicts of sin; Who indwells every Christian; Who helps us in our weakness and intercedes for us in prayer; and Who empowers us to a fruitful Christian life.
We believe in the Gospel—the Good News of Salvation.
- That man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- That salvation—the forgiveness of sins—is only by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- That one receives salvation by putting faith in Christ, repenting of sin, and confessing Christ, and that the Bible commands every believer in Christ to be baptized by immersion.
- That those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ are sent into the world to proclaim the Gospel and to love and serve the world just as Jesus Himself did.
We believe in the Church—God’s redeemed people.
1. We believe in the Church of Jesus Christ, founded on the Day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere, and organized into local assemblies, called churches.
2. We believe the Bible teaches that every Christian should be an active member of a local church.
3. We believe that the Elders of the church are the overseers of its affairs and the shepherds of its members; that they are the final interpretive authority of the Bible’s meaning and application for the church; and that they are responsible for the oversight, instruction, edification, discipline, and restoration of church members.
4. We believe that the Bible instructs church members to:
- Meet together regularly for fellowship, worship, teaching, and the Lord’s Supper. Use our natural abilities and spiritual gifts to serve one another.
- Love one another, bear with one another, accept one another, and forgive one another.
- Seek unity, agreement, and peace with one another.
- Encourage and build up one another.
- Bear one another’s burdens and pray for one another.
- Spur one another to love and good deeds
- Submit to the authority of the elders of the church.
- Support the church financially.
- Pursue personal holiness and obedience to God’s Word.
- Strive together to fulfill the Great Commission.
We believe in baptism-a public response.
We believe in celebrating with those who have made the decision to declare Jesus as Lord and Savior by being baptized. We believe that baptism serves as a symbol of the burial of the old self and the resurrection of your soul to walk in life with Jesus, and we love celebrating that!